Sponsored Links

Senin, 29 Januari 2018

Sponsored Links

Altmetric รข€
src: www.altmetric.com


Video Wikipedia talk:Requested articles/Applied arts and sciences/Computer science, computing, and Internet



Content Protected - View Source Only

Why on earth is a page that is meant to be edited by people to request articles protected so people cannot edit it?! Every resource for "requesting a Wikipedia article" forwards here, and there is no way to request an article!! Shame you on!

Also, requesting an article for gmask software.


Maps Wikipedia talk:Requested articles/Applied arts and sciences/Computer science, computing, and Internet



Wikinazis??

I removed wikinazis, it seems like a slang term more suitable for a site such as urban dictionary. Any disagreement?

Even slang terms have a place, and are often only a few steps away from full integration into a language. I would argue that it might be good to have mention, even if well-protected (as it would be an inviting target for vandals), if only to serve as a warning to each of us. Further, a quick web search for the term does show related results, so it isn't necessarily wholely irrelevant.--Nouniquenames (talk) 05:39, 24 May 2012 (UTC)

Social media - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Restructure needed

These categories are real unbalanced - some with a handful of entries, some with at least 100. Regards, Ben Aveling 10:23, 31 July 2006 (UTC)

Make alphabet headings into sections?

The Software section is unwieldy and could benefit from having a TOC entry for each letter entry. We might try using a Compact tables of contents. -- Teratornis 20:59, 8 August 2006 (UTC)

I tried this and it messed up the TOC, so I reverted to the previous version. I might try again if I find an example of a page that does it right. -- Teratornis 21:28, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
Looks like I should RTFM here:
  • Wikipedia:Template messages/Compact tables of contents
  • Template talk:AlphanumericTOC
and see if I can convert the alphabetic pseudo-section-headings into real section headings, while keeping the TOC manageable. -- Teratornis 19:00, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
I've taken a stab at this by creating a new template, {{PseudoHeading}}, and using it in conjunction with {{AlphanumericTOC}}. By using PseudoHeading instead of actual section headings, the main TOC is kept uncluttered. -- Davnor 17:17, 12 September 2006 (UTC)

DePaul University DeBlogs
src: resources.depaul.edu


OSS (Operations Support Systems)

What is OSS (operations support systems) as used in the Telecom (Billing?) Industry?

See Operations Support System and Operational Support Systems -- Davnor 16:09, 11 August 2006 (UTC)



Information Sciences Institute - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Save a VfD

...and don't create these articles. If they don't exist, it's because they were not meant to exist... m.e. 10:04, 11 April 2007 (UTC)


OLPC XO - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Real Time Processing

I created a redirect to Real-time computing as I see it as pretty much synonymous with Real Time Processing. Should anyone disagree, please comment on my home page and we can try to build an article that differentiates between the two. Otherwise, I will remove it from this list some time in the future.

--KNHaw (talk) 18:01, 11 June 2007 (UTC)

OK. No comments. I'm pulling it from the list and considering the issue closed. --KNHaw (talk) 16:43, 14 June 2007 (UTC)

DePaul University DeBlogs
src: resources.depaul.edu


Cannon's algorithm

I created the requested CS article Cannon's algorithm. I couldn't find much more info after a brief search. I'll try to download Cannon's PhD thesis to see whether I can find more there. For the time being, could someone more experienced in distributed algorithms improve it? NerdyNSK 01:12, 2 July 2007 (UTC)


Cochin University of Science and Technology - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Douglas Comer

I created the requested page Douglas E. Comer. Could you help improve it? NerdyNSK 01:24, 2 July 2007 (UTC)


Download English Syntax And Argumentation, Second Edition
src: static1.bigstockphoto.com


Anytime A*

For anyone interested in either writing this article or merging into A*, here is a link to a research paper describing it: http://www.jair.org/papers/paper2096.html. I'll try to do it sometime in the next week if nobody else does it. HebrewHammerTime 12:33, 28 September 2007 (UTC)


Metadata - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Discrimination against encyclopedic entry requests.

Libraries are an encyclopedia type entry, and in fact large and famous libraries would even get entries in encyclopedias, and yet many users are DISCRIMINATING against online library pages. Why? because a company is making money off it, that's the best answer I can figure out. I've tried requesting a page, (they deleted it) I've tried making my own pages, (they speedy deleted them) I tried hangon with an argument for the page, and they went through and DELETED the articles so that the discussion pages were deleted, thus removing my argument for the existence of said pages.. I mean come on this is the 21st century and the libraries of the 21st century allow you to get books online, for no cost to you, and any attempt to ask for, create or request pages of this sort are getting rapidly eradicated within hours of their request. GET A CLUE do people delete Minnesota Vikings entries? what the heck does a sport team have to do with an encyclopedia? if the article is too short why not mark it a stub, what's with trying to eradicate all existence and any logs of edits done in a completely unfair manner with no room for discussion or counter point????? I am starting to keep track of the users who delete these pages, because DIGITAL LIBRARIES ARE A PART OF THE MODERN ERA. They will make print encyclopedias before they make wikipedia because of the deletion and discrimination against them! How petty are these people? there is genuine need for unbiased information about online libraries, because to the layman they are a new concept not something they'd know about without reading about it in say, an online news article which would have less details than a wiki entry, and when they go to wiki to try and learn more, or create a page they're shot down by crazy 20th century relics who think libraries deal in printed books only! if you think specific entries don't belong in the article made specifically for them then what is wrong with suggesting elsewhere to put the information??? I'm confused and i want answers what's so wrong that OverDrive Digital media services is blacklisted off wiki? --Preceding unsigned comment added by Kesuki (talk o contribs) 23:00, 8 March 2008 (UTC)

Update: There seems to be an article on OverDrive,_Inc., if this is what you meant. However, there's a single vote for deletion. -- 80.136.89.47 (talk) 08:23, 18 March 2009 (UTC)

A Brief History of Women in Art (article) | Khan Academy
src: ka-perseus-images.s3.amazonaws.com


Find/Replace

I apologize for cluttering up the Talk page, but I'm not sure in what category to put a request for an article on the Find/Replace function used in many (consumer-oriented) text-editors. I haven't found an article so far that addresses this. N Vale (talk) 19:22, 12 May 2008 (UTC)


DePaul University DeBlogs
src: resources.depaul.edu


Unqualified/indiscriminate list needing clean-up

This 'list' is clearly outdated and full of items which really don't need their own article. For example, I've already removed FISMO_Roles, as it was clearly meant to be Flexible_single_master_operation. I'll keep working on qualifying & culling the list, and maybe even starting some articles to get them off this list. If I think any removal's may be disputed, I'll list the removed items here.Whippen (talk) 12:04, 26 June 2008 (UTC)

  • Poisoned website - Removed, as this is not a widely accepted term, so I'm not even sure what is it (supposed to be) about. My best guess is a compromised host used in a phishing context, in which case I don't believe a separate article is required.Whippen (talk) 12:56, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
  • I don`t know why User:ErikTheBikeMan delete my part?????!!!!!

I strongly doubt that the following article is unnecessary...
Comparison of Visual Basic and Visual Basic .NET - the reason of creation is stated in the section Adding a link of the page Template talk:DotNET. UU (talk) 13:51, 22 December 2008 (UTC)




Naum (chess)

Naum (4.0) is currently the second strongest computer chess engine. Would deserve an article IMO. See also CCRL ratings and the Naum homepage. I have started the german Wikipedia article but I think a native english speaker should start the english article. --80.121.56.75 (talk) 10:35, 10 January 2009 (UTC)




is this the right place?

I'm not 100% sure this is the right place, but I added a request for an article about A4tech, I didn't add a link to their site in the actual page cause I dunno if that would be ok or not. I've not used many of their products (but only because it is not the type of thing I buy with much frequency), but I like what I've tried so far, either way, I don't know enough about them to write an article even if didn't prefer their products over the products of other brands, so I would like someone with more info and in better position for not have their unbiasedness questioned to create an article for it (aparently there used to be an article about the company but it got deleted 'cause according to the log thing people thought it was advertisment-like, I dunno why it wasn't re-worked to be better instead of deleted, but I would like to suggest that Wikipedia should have an article about it, preferably a good one of course :) --TiagoTiago (talk) 05:20, 23 January 2009 (UTC)




Red Condor (company)

An article used to exist for this company, but it was deleted. If it could be un-deleted, I'd be willing to make it better (replace advertisement-like material, add external references, etc). If nobody undeletes it, I may make a stab at writing one from scratch. A player as significant as Red Condor should qualify as sufficiently noteworthy to have an article, especially since Brightmail (a lessor player in the same industry) has an article already. :-) TTK (talk) 21:50, 9 June 2009 (UTC)




Analog Rails

Hello Wikipedians, my name is Justin Fuhrer and I am a representative of Analog Rails. I wanted to make it known that I am available to provide, and help improve the quality of, information/images/etc. regarding Analog Rails, if it is deemed notable enough for inclusion in Wikipedia. Please feel free to contact me via my talk page [1] or by e-mail (justin@analograils.com). As I have noted in more detail on my user page [2], I have read and am familiar with Wikipedia's rules/guidelines regarding COI [3], and will not make any edits to pages that are about or related to Analog Rails. Thank you! - Justin Fuhrer (talk) 17:42, 4 September 2009 (UTC)




LumenVox

After some discussion with other Wikipedia editors, I have placed a request for an article on LumenVox in the organizations section. As I note in the request, I have a conflict of interest (I am an employee of LumenVox) but believe it is a significantly notable organization. At User:Stephen Keller/LumenVox I have a draft article that includes quite a few quality references and a good summary of why the company meets the notability guidelines.

I am available to answer questions or provide more information if any editor is interested in creating this article. --Preceding unsigned comment added by Stephen Keller (talk o contribs) 20:07, 8 March 2010 (UTC)




Creepypasta?

Not sure if I'll be shot down or not, but I thought I;d give it a try by asking if someone can possibly make a page for the term "Creepypasta". It doesn't have to be like the long list of actual creepypastas, like of Encyclopedia Dramatica, but I thing something that's as big as Creepypasta should get its own page, if only for being an online cultural phenomenon that seems to be the natural digression of urban legends and ghost stories. Really, I'm surprised that an article for creepypasta doesn't ALREADY exist. Some good references would be 4chan's /x/ board, or maybe creepypasta.com, a site dedicated to archiving the bulk of what comes out of some authors here and there, but mostly to the stuff that comes directly from internet regulars. --Preceding unsigned comment added by NightMary13 (talk o contribs) 06:18, 4 August 2010 (UTC)

Based on a cursory Internet search, there does not appear to be enough reliable source material to sustain a separate article on creepypasta. In fact, the term copypasta, from creepypasta is derived, does not even have an article of it's own, merely a sentence in the Cut, copy, and paste article. I would have suggested adding a Wiktionary defintion instead of a Wikipedia article, but please note the entry for creepypasta in Wikitionary's deletion log. Nevertheless, if you feel that reliable sources do exist, which could be cited to establish both verifiability and notability, then please feel free to add creepypasta to the project page (The Internet section would probably be a good place). Thanks! Davnor (talk) 14:25, 4 August 2010 (UTC)



Fractals

I have a computer fractal/internet meme that allegedly makes anyone who views it to long or in certain sections drop dead. Where would this go?-Zyrath (talk) 00:49, 3 December 2010 (UTC)




Removal of Updated Content?

shouldn't we remove all of the content that now has a page i.e all of the hyper-links in blue? if not, could someone give me a reason?Dietcoke3.14 (talk) 00:01, 31 December 2011 (UTC)

It should be removed, but there's no automated process to do that. Individual editors are going to have to routinely review this page and help remove pages that have already be created. We might automate it in the future, but right now, we're going to have to do it by hand. Note that it's also appropriate to remove pages that do not meet the inclusion criteria. Netalarmtalk 04:45, 12 January 2012 (UTC)



Text entry device

I am in the research phases. TheOneSean | Talk to me 12:24, 8 May 2013 (UTC)




Home Automation

Their should be a sub-heading for home automation Daylen (talk) 02:49, 23 June 2015 (UTC)




Requested Article- Computer Museum

I created the requested article List of Computer Museums but there were a lot of links that were in red, should we make a sub heading for article requests for museums? MBlairMartin (talk) 16:17, 31 August 2016 (UTC)




It Sutra Pvt Ltd

From the year the company was founded in 2011, IT Sutra has been focused more on Financial sectors providing automation services. Solutions that we had developed had been certified by Nepal Investment Bank for its National Payment Network and likewise the same is being implemented to multiple banks within the same network. We boast of innovative technologies from the likes of Nano-PC, Interactive Whiteboards being implemented in Education sectors. We take pride in implementing these technologies to private and public schools from central city to villages.

Recently, we have merged with City Express Money Transfer Pvt. Ltd. IT Sutra now serves as a consulting arm for City Express for Technology as its sister concern. City Express established in 2007, is a rapidly growing institution with operations today in over multiple countries and growing and revenues in multi-millions $. Further to existing strength in technology, we as a company now aim to build further on the experience of City Express in different regions of the world to get un-paralleled insight into target markets. -- Preceding unsigned comment added by Basantji (talk o contribs) 05:51, 7 August 2017 (UTC)

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments